Sunday, April 12, 2015

Art Bead Scene Blog: April Monthly Challenge

Art Bead Scene Blog: April Monthly Challenge
Frida Kahlo is my favorite artist.  Both her work and her life story inspire me. Even though she faced enormous physical and emotional obstacles she was true to her roots and took pride in her life's work.   When I saw that a piece by Frida was the inspiration for this month's Art Bead Scene challenge,  I decided I would try to carve out a few minutes each day to create. I finally finished a couple pieces this weekend. The first is a long necklace.  The pendant is made of polymer clay with a sculpted cat and monkey sitting on Frida's shoulders.  I have enjoyed using my Frida face cane for years now.  Here is my cane (mostly made of translucent clay) after reduction.
The second piece is a collar neck piece made by using the "carving in raw clay technique explained in my last post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment