Thursday, March 31, 2016

Poisson d'avril! Happy April Fools Day!

Muet comme un poisson . . . (silent as a fish):
     This is my "poisson" broche for April Fools Day.  I am very lucky to be a part of the French-speaking forum of polymer clay artists, Polym'air de rien.  We recently participated in a fish challenge and today you should swim on over to see the catch of the day on Parole de Pâte.
     In case you are wondering about the connection between fish and April 1, it is a fun French tradition to stick fish on the backs of an unsuspecting friends today.  Not real fish, but paper ones.  Sans blague! No joke!  You can learn more about this endearing tradition  HERE (Oh, and please don't miss the cat video.) or HERE.
     Several fellow fish makers noted that my fish looks like it is made of felt.  I think this is a result of the mica in the clay I used as well as how I textured the whole thing with fabric.  There is a sort of mica shift effect that tricks the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment