Saturday, December 31, 2016

Texture Maison

 My friends at Creations Fimo and one of my favorite blogs, the Art Bead Scene, have proposed challenges that piqued my interest this month. At CF the challenge was to make our own textures in  polymer clay.  Please come see all our creations on Parole de pâte here.  At the Art Beads Scene blog the challenge was to make art beads using Marc Chagall's America Windows as our inspiration.

My favorite way to make textures is by using wax.  I melt paraffin wax in a shallow wooden box, let it cool and harden, and then carve out the texture I desire.  If I like the design I can keep it forever by using the wax as a mold to make a cast and another mold in polymer clay.   Of course, if I don't like my design I can always grab my heat gun and erase it in a matter of seconds.
Here are some of the results of my participation in these challenges:
















3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for your comment, Laura .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Bridal ring is very important for any couple that's ready to get wed because this symbolizes as the band that will keep them close together as husband and wife. This will indicate that a couple finally exchange eternal vows and will remain devoted to one another forever. Bridal Ring Sets

    ReplyDelete