Saturday, June 25, 2011

ABS June Challenge- TADA 365 #156 June 6, 2011

Here is my entry for this month's Art Bead Scene Blog challenge.  This challenge is actually based on the artwork of a French artist, Odilon Redon.  I just love the colors of his piece titled Ophelia

Ophelia by Odilon Redon
c. 1900-05; Pastel on paper mounted on board, 19 7/8 x 26 1/2 in; The Woodner Collection

I took the color palette of this piece and adapted it to a series of jewelry pieces of my own.  As you may already know, I have been exploring the art of Frida Kahlo every since I started learning Spanish about a year ago.  The more I learn about her art and her life story, the more intersting she becomes to me.  I felt compelled to do a face cane this last week, and after three tries I feel like I like this one turned out well enough.  Here is a photo of my cane (originally 4"x5"x4")... 
 I'm dressing her up with some "tricks" from Julie Picarello's new book that was reviewed here on one of my favorite websites, Polymer Clay Daily.  Her book takes the mokumegane effect to a whole new level.  
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you combined the artist Frida Kahlo with Redon's Ophelia. A wonderful piece of art you created.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mucho gusto, Jill.¡Muy hermoso! Enseño español y siempre les hablo a mis estudiantes del arte de Frida y su esposo Diego. También tengo la nueva obra de Julie y he aprendido muchísima de ella.

    ReplyDelete