Saturday, April 20, 2013

Art Bead Scene - April Challenge


My entry for the ABS monthly challenge...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jillpalumbo/8664640754/


...is inspired by the work of my favorite French Impressionist, Claude Monet. The piece, chosen by the ABS writers, is titled "Walk in the Meadows at Argenteuil" . Please see Art Bead Scene Blog: April Monthly Challenge for more information on the challenge and on this artist's work. 

This photo of David making a tiny glass snail was published by the Evansville Courier and Press 
 I treasure the little snail he gave me as a present.
David's Facebook page is:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Powell-Glass-Art/208810132463735#!/pages/David-Powell-Glass-Art/208810132463735

http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2013/04/april-monthly-challenge.html

My piece has focal beads made of polymer clay along with one clear glass bead made by
David Powell.

I met David and his wife at a local gallery, and was in awe of his beautiful glass beads and other objects. I purchased three of his lovely creations, and have finally found a good home for one of the set.

Here is another photo with a few details of my neckpiece...
 




4 comments:

  1. Oh Jill! I got tears in my eyes, Monet is naturally one of my favourites, too, and your jewelry totally catches the atmosphere of that painting! I love your art beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - it captures the mood of the painting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jill and has your signature written all over it. I can always pick out one of your pieces from all the rest, your style is so unique! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete