Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Challenge Peaux de Bêtes



Time to roll out our wild things!  A new challenge is unveiled on Parole de pâte today.





























Our participation required that we base our creations in clay on actual animal spots and stripes; anything except reptiles that is.  I chose to work on replicating the beautiful markings of the clouded leopard.



Here are my canes:



My beads are made with long, toothy Kato-clay Skinner blends in shades of gray accented with tiny snakes of mixed colored clay.  I topped these with balls made of dark annealed steal wire and tubes of clouded leopard "fur" in warm browns and tans.  The piece is held together with leather braids accented with crocheted "furry" yarn.  Disk coconut beads and other wooden beads accent the polymer focal beads. 



I had so much fun with this project.  Each challenge by these francophone friends keeps my energy flowing.  
My "leftover"s necklace was featured on Polymer Clay Planet just yesterday!  What a thrill for me!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jillpalumbo/13675234364/



No comments:

Post a Comment