I even added yellow beads to turn cause the pretty reflections inside to match the yellow theme.
After I fired it I felt that it was a bit too orange and I could see that I had added a bit too much copper acrylic to highlight the textures.
I regrouped my ideas and decided to make a yellow peacock feather cane.
Now I had a cane I liked and put it to use on a collar neckpiece. I covered a metal collar that I expected to be able to remove later, but it actually adhered to the polymer permanently. I decided to let it remain inside and covered the back with a layer of soft yellow clay. The white parts of the uncured feather above are actually translucent clay that clears after curing. After it was all together and ready to wear I still wasn't quite happy with. I decided to add a bit more interest by carving some feathery veins into the surface. I back filled these with metallic yellow acrylic paint, sanded, buffed and polished. I finally felt that this collar was something I could be happy to enter into the challenge group.