Sunday, October 19, 2014

Art Bead Scene Blog: October Monthly Challenge

The writers at the Art Bead Scene Blog have proposed a vibrant landscape as the inspiration for their monthly challenge.  Milton Avery's oil painting is titled"Autumn" and is full of some spectacular color combinations.

I have always wanted to try making landscapes in polymer, so this challenge was especially intriguing.

I started by making canes for each of the main colors in the piece and then packed them together.  
In my opinion the white tree is the focal point of Avery's painting, so I added my own favorite kind of tree with a light colored bark, the sycamore.  
I know it is all a bit abstract, but I am pleased with the feeling of motion in my piece.
I had time to work with some wire to add to the interest of the neckpiece.
    Happy to be ready for the fall and the many shows on my calendar!



1 comment:

  1. I love your cane! I think this challenge has brought out the best in all of the participating artists.

    ReplyDelete